My awesome blog where I post some things that are happening in my life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Washington DC Trip


My trip to Washington DC was awesome to say the least! Here I am before the trip (check out the cool new haircut! Teddy, don't say it's not cool, because it is.)







After I got to the airport, (I drove to Providence) the check-in woman gave me a pouch for my ticket and info sheet. My dad walked with me to my gate. When I boarded the plane, I got a window seat. I was flying on SouthWest Airlines. There was an old woman and a man sitting next to me. The old woman gave me her snack pretzels. When I got to Baltimore, Aunt Marsha and Daniel were waiting for me.


When I got to their house, We had some snack. Daniel (above) was learning electric guitar. His neighbor invited us over to his house. He was trying to film a remote control car chase. We had chicken noodle soup for Shabbat dinner. After dinner, we went to pick up Uncle Sam from work, and went to go see the Army Band. The Army, Navy and Air Force all have a band. The Army Band played at the Capitol Building (below) that night.
When we got back to the house, we went to bed in the attic (it's not as bad as it sounds). In the morning, we had these really thin pancakes. Then, we went to visit Daniel's school. One of the drivers there was having a bad day. She had a conniption when Aunt Marsha yelled at her for stopping in the middle of the street for five minutes. After we saw his school, Aunt Marsha and I went on a whirlwind tour of the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial and the White House in about two hours. The following pictures show these places in order except for the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial. If you would like me to add a picture of that, comment on this post about it.
































After sightseeing, we met Uncle Sam and Daniel at the subway stop and went to lunch at an art museum. After that, we walked over to the National Air and Space Museum (below).

We were going to see a movie there, but it was sold out. We ended up going back to the car. On the drive back home, we stopped again at the White House. Aunt marsha said that she had taken a picture of Daniel with a cardboard cut-out of George Bush. She led me and Daniel to where the man who took the pictures was supposed to be. Sure enough, the man was there. He took a picture of me with George Bush for $6.00. You can see the picture below. If you look closely, you can tell it is a cardboard cutout.


After I got that picture, and Daniel got one with Bill Clinton, we stopped at Uncle Sam's office. When we got home, we rested for a bit, then went to have a picnic at a park nearby. We brought Indian food with us. Indian food is my favorite kind of food. We also played some baseball there. As we were going out, we saw a deer on Dick Cheyney's property. Daniel lives almost next-door to Dick Cheyney. The deer was in his backyard. Dick Cheyneys house is below.


We went home, had a rock concert with Daniel playing electric guitar, Uncle Sam playing drums, Aunt Marsha playing guitar and me playing djembe (the african drum). After the concert, we made our own soft serve ice cream and watched, "What about Bob?" It was so funny. In the morning, we ate the same thin pancakes, and went to a recreation facility with a pool, two waterslides, mini golf and batting cages. It was awesome. We ate lunch at a really good sandwitch place. Then, I went to the airport in Baltimore, flew home, and met my mom. Hope you have enjoyed, "the longest post in blogger history!"


7 Comments:

Blogger Anon said...

One more thing, every country has an embassy there to represent the country. We saw about 150 embassies driving around the city.

June 30, 2007 at 2:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Julian: That was some trip that you took You will remember that for the rest your life. Aside from the pictures in the blog do you have photos of your trip to keep in a photo album ? Will you keep writing in your blog
about more interesting things about your lifetime?
I am very proud of you...Love Grandpa

July 1, 2007 at 4:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you find this message in your blog.

Love you...Gtandpa

July 1, 2007 at 4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you find this message in your blog.

Love you...Gtandpa

July 1, 2007 at 4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julian: I hope you find this message on your blog. It seemed confusing about how to create this message. Im any case it sounds like you had a wonderful vscation. I will try sending this message again and I hope you receive ir. I love you.....Grandpa

July 1, 2007 at 4:34 PM

 
Blogger YUKI said...

Hey Julian!!
I am enjoying your blog!!!!

July 3, 2007 at 9:02 AM

 
Blogger Anon said...

One more thing, the day I left I was in 5 states. The recreation facility was in Virginia, I woke up in Washington DC, we drove to Baltimore, Maryland for the flight, I landed in Providence, Rhode Island, and my mom drove me home to Brookline, Massachusetts.

August 28, 2007 at 10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home